Q: What are Business Rule Patterns?
Business Rule Patterns are generalized representations of reusable sets of business logic. These patterns typically include business rules, data models and attribute data. Business Rule Patterns utilize a simplified business vocabulary for managing complex business actions and relationships.
Business Rule Patterns simplify traditional business rules development by providing pre-designed sets of logic. These include:
- High level business directives that generate lower level logic
- Pre-defined sets of business rules that are easy to manage
- Data models to manage data objects and their business relationships
- Web Services API that facilitates sharing across enterprise services and applications
Q: Why use Business Rule Patterns?
Business Rule Patterns define existing sets of business rules and their associated data models. They provide ready-made logic eliminating the need for lots of business process re-engineering or software development. With the Nebular Logic system, Business Rule Patterns provide the following operational benefits:
- Less application coding required to express new business strategies and objectives.
- Ready-made, pre-tested logic for specific industries and use cases.
- Based on entirely open software standards.
- Enable logic portability of business logic across the cloud.
- Designed to minimize or eliminate vendor specific application dependencies.
Q: What are the primary benefits of Business Rule Patterns?
Business Rule Patterns are designed to:
- Greatly simplify the business logic layer of enterprise applications.
- Convert of business logic into an efficient run-time application logic.
- Create applications and services that are portable across clouds.